Is Adult Care An Option?
Time to Consider Adult Home Care
Our adult home care companions’ mission is to provide an environment where a senior can remain at home, exercising as much independence and retaining as much dignity as possible. By selecting caregivers that are compassionate first we are able to take much of the “sting” out of the process. Giving up any degree of independence goes against human nature.
Most seniors will deny that they require some type of care or assistance until a crisis situation develops. The more active and vital a person has been throughout their life, the more difficult this realization is.
When the time comes that a senior should no longer drive, or can no longer take care of many of life’s little tasks, it would be pretty nice to have someone around to step in and do the driving, make the meals and clean the house. Private Care At Home can provide these services at a surprisingly reasonable cost.
There are many warning signs that a senior is failing due to neglect:
- Lack of proper nutrition
- Physical injury due to loss of balance and stability or a combination both
- Personality changes, sudden mood changes and irritability
- Loss of interest of in things they used to enjoy
- Confusion, memory loss, lack of concentration
- Reluctance to socialize
- Fatigue and loss of energy
- Recent auto accidents or near misses
- Mishandled medications
- Loss of appetite, change in eating and cooking habits
- Spoiled and out dated food in the refrigerator
- Poor grooming, wearing the same clothes everyday
- Piles of unopened mail
We can help, call us to work out the best solution for living options and adult home care companions.